Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Some of the greatest benefits for me have been my ability to tap
into 'my well of inner peace' whenever I need to, my connection with,
and to, spirit, achievement of greater clarity and balance at the end
of each session, and overall wellbeing. Meditation also gave me
something else.

The meditation journey for me involved profound inner change as I
stepped into enlightenment. Once that door opened for me, well that was
it! No turning back...ever - something which no-one ever told me.

Enlightenment, for me, is such a strange thing, and of course is many
things to many people. When I stepped into this state of being, I
waited for the whiz bang fireworks to begin, hear the blaring trumpets
and the voice of God (which I imagined would be kind of booming and
earth shattering!). I’m not sure what else I expected but what I
experienced was a deep sense of stillness. The door opened, I stepped
through the doorway, and how I perceived life changed forever. The
clarity with which I saw things in that moment almost blinded me – yet
it was so gentle.

This didn’t mean to say I ceased doing mundane things such as
housework, cooking and cleaning. No - unfortunately that continued and
continues to this day and will in the future also. Nope, for me
enlightenment meant that I simply knew things and accepted; some
possibly call this ‘Truth’.

I believe that Truth or Enlightenment is knowing absolutely everything
about all things at the exact same time without pinpointing one
solitary thing.

Truth is much like acknowledging anything really, in a passive way.
Words are grossly inadequate in describing this sense of being. All I
can say is it’s simply too HUGE to explain with words but it’s
something I experience whenever I meditate, or zone out.

I’m not immune to daily issues however I’m not impacted to the same
degree as before either. I can say that whilst chaos reigns around me I
can easily tap into my well of inner peace. It’s helped me through the
many trials and tribulations I call life and thank my lucky stars that
I started practising meditation when I did.

Of course this practise is open to anyone who’s willing to put in the
time and practise (it took me five months to really get going). Once
you begin this journey you’ll notice how much more peaceful, centred
and balanced you become.

I've often heard say "I'd love to meditate because of my anxiety and
stress levels, however I have absolutely no time..."

If you have next to no time – many don’t and sometimes I don't –
however you’d really love to begin meditating because you believe there
are benefits for doing so, consider this. Three minutes is a passing
conversation with a work colleague at the elevator door, three minutes
flicking through a magazine at the newsagency or news stand, or three
minutes admiring a merchandise display outside your favourite store
window. You could do a three minute breath meditation, three minute
journal writing, three minute focus on an object, or even take a three
minute walk. See! In next to no time at all you could be meditating and
accessing your own well of inner peace!

Meditation could bring about profound changes for you too, as well as
achieve overall wellbeing, peacefulness, clarity and balance, and
connection to spirit and yourself. There are six billion people on this
planet so your experience will be different to mine.

If you’ve never tried it before why not try it sometime soon, you might
just get to thoroughly enjoy the benefits it can bring.

No comments: